Thursday, December 3, 2009

Things I learned over Thanksgiving

  • You can never make too much stuffing. I'm serious. Your recipe - double it.
  • Mom doesn't like it when you say 'pecan', in a twangy Texas accent, as in, "I'm a fixin' to make me a PE-can pie!"
  • Watching a football game indoors, in a toasty house under a warm blanket, is every bit as exciting and fun (if not more so) than actually being there.
  • Grandparents just can't help buying stuff for their grandkids wherever they go (say, for example, a football game.) BTW, the back of the girl's new, very pink, A&M shirt says, "The difference between boys and girls soccer? Girls make it look good!"
  • My cat only behaves like an idiot at home.
  • Guitar Hero (though some most of the graphics & music make me cringe) is a fun game to play.
  • It's not Thanksgiving without Mr. Turkey.
  • Kids are cute when they are sleeping (Yes, I already know this. I just wanted a reason to post this picture.)

4 comments:

Samuel said...

Love your Mr. Turkey. . .clever idea. Looks like you had a very enjoyable Thanksgiving! Stephanie, I never would have imagined you saying, "pE-can pie"! I say Pikawn pie. . .but that's because I am from El Paso :)

Samuel said...

oops, this is Vanessa, not Sam!

Stephanie said...

I wish I could take credit for Mr. Turkey - my mom made it. And I only pronounce it PE-can to be annoying. Plus, Texan is the only accent I can do - and it's fun. :)

Hannah said...

Those are lovely lessons. And oh, the picture of them sleeping together reminds me of some favorite pictures of my own ... don't those make a mama's heart go pitter patter!