Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Camping Adventures

It wasn't all bad. Here's the good stuff.


The view upstream from the swimming area.
I hear the water was cold! I wouldn't know as I remained warm and dry on
the banks of the river, camera in hand.

Evidence that we have been in a serious drought. The park ranger told us that besides the recent rains earlier in the month, the park has not received any measurable rain for a year! The water level was much lower than typical and there wasn't much green, which was disappointing.

Sunning on the bank of the river and posing for Mom.



I spotted this little guy scampering quickly over the rocks. Check out his back feet!

The water looked so inviting! The kids and Titus had a great time exploring
this stretch of the river up and down.

Jared found a nice stick to help him keep balance in the water.
One of my favorite parts of the evening - snuggling with Emma,
having some girl time while the boys went off to do some stargazing.
She suggested that next time we should have a girls only camping trip.

By the way, I have decided that s'mores are over-rated. I don't much care for graham crackers or marshmallows, but I had one just to keep in the spirit of the thing. Emma decided she did not like my fancy chocolate that we brought. And Jared just wanted to eat the entire bag of marshmallows. And now I have an opened box of graham crackers that will sit untouched in my pantry until I finally decide to throw them out about a year from now. The opened bag of marshmallows will likely disappear sooner than that so I can keep my family from injesting a product whose primary ingredient is corn syrup. Gross. The expensive chocolate I will keep. (But it won't last long.)

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Those are some great photos! Use the graham crackers to make a pie shell. . .yummy! I LOVE smores!