Saturday, March 14, 2009

Counting the days

and hours and minutes ...
  • It's been 12 days since my last post.
  • It's been 12 hours since the onset of what feels like a real doozy of a cold.
  • It's been 2 days since my husband got over his own nasty cold.
  • It's been 5 hours since I last heard my son cough - the last lingering remnant of his cold.
  • It's been 4 days since my daughter missed a day of school to recover from her cold.
  • It's been 10 minutes since my last dose of Airborne.
  • It's been 17 days since I broke my little toe. It still hurts and is still bruised and I am still hobbling around.
  • It's been 20 days since my husband got laid off.
  • It's been 6 days since my last soda. This very well may be my only accomplishment this week.
  • It's been 20 minutes since I last checked my work e-mail. (My husband assures me this is called 'working from home')
  • It's been 17 days since my son's birthday and he has yet to have his party.
  • It's been 26 hours since I have stepped foot outside of my house and breathed the outside air.
  • It's been 15 minutes since my husband last kissed me.
That last one makes me smile.

Life is hard. Yet there remains a persistent and unrelenting happiness when you are slogging through all of the days and hours and minutes of it with the one that you love.

2 comments:

K. Titus Rodriguez said...

Post from the philosophe doublure extraordinaire:

Life is hard, yet love, eternal love IS LIFE!

N'est-ce pas vrai? Je t'aime!

Hannah said...

He lost his job??? Oh dear! I'm sorry, Steph. I'm hearing that news all too often these days ...

I broke my little toe too, last May! We'll have to swap stories some time.

Cool post.