Sunday, November 1, 2009

Flight Pics

Okay, so I was going to blog about what a big moment it was letting my oldest child take his first trip on his own, on an airplane no less, and even allowing him to return home UNACCOMPANIED (Yikes!) Because when the plan was first proposed to me, I thought, Ha! Like I will ever let my 10-year-old do that! I'm a little over-protective of my offspring. But the funny thing was, when the time came to let him go, I simply let him go. I shared in his excitement and knew he was ready to spread his wings. I was a little surprised at my own lack of anxiety, but hey, I'm not complaining about that. It feels good to let go. One little bit at a time.

Getting ready to board the big blue Southwest Airlines plane.

Having an uncle who's a pilot has its perks. Like getting to visit the cockpit and meet the pilot! (Who also is an Aggie, by the way.)

And getting to test out the controls.

TAKEOFF! Excited?

Settling in for the long 30 minute flight from Austin to Houston ... working the crossword puzzle (That's my boy!)

And more shenanigans from Uncle Mike.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

J is looking older, these days.

Also. I believe that if J and his ilk would hang with the pilots more often, we'd have fewer of them falling asleep or playing on their laptops and thereby overshooting their designated airports by an hour's flying time. Just sayin.'

Stephanie said...

He is, isn't he?

Actually, if J hung with the pilots, they would be so distracted by his talking that they might lose more than an hour!