Friday, May 28, 2010

Can I get a LOL?

Everyone thinks their kid is the best. You know you do. Everyone secretly ('cause let's be honest, it would be obnoxious to flaunt it) believes that their kid is the cutest baby. The smartest kid in the class. The most talented kid on the team. The most beautiful child EVER.

Well, mine is the funniest. There. I said it. You'll have to take my word for it, though, as most of her witticisms do not translate into the written word. Plus, well, humor is highly subjective. But whatever - my kid is funny.

Take for example, the other night at the dinner table. We (and by 'we' I mean the children who eat at 5 times the speed of sound) had completed the main portion of our meal, which is the cue for one of the kids to ask a specific question. This night Emma did the honors.

Emma: What can we have for dessert?

Daddy: You can have some nice, fresh air!

Emma: Can we have some fruit with our fresh air?

The girl does not miss a beat. And the deadpan expression is simply not conveyable. Are there any open mic nights for 8-year-olds?

2 comments:

Hannah said...

You sure can! LOL!! Hooray for Emma and the fine art of repartee!

K. Titus Rodriguez said...

I was there and it's still funny to me.