Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The latest stack

Well, I've done it again. Why can't I stop myself? After a quick afternoon trip to my favorite branch of the Austin Public Library, I returned home with yet another insurmountable pile of books. The three books I had on hold were ready, plus I found a few others.

Is this a sickness? It's like being at a buffet and not being able to stop yourself from piling 2 weeks of food onto your plate. Sure, you're hungry. But you're not THAT hungry. I feel like a glutton. Why can't I leave some of these books on the shelf? What am I afraid of? It's not like they're going anywhere. At least not for more than 3 weeks.

So, here's what I've got and I've got 3 weeks to get 'em read.

The three on top are books on CD (for the kids) for the car. And one of the books is my daughter's (The Battle of the Labyrinth). And one of them I actually just finished (Into Thin Air). But I didn't photograph the one I'm currently reading (The Sun Also Rises). I don't know, maybe the stack isn't so daunting after all. Besides, I'm anticipating having oodles of time over Thanksgiving. Because that always happens.

P.S. I love you, Library.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

That's a great stack! I've read or listened to all of them except the Riordan one. Aim high, I always say. :-)

I'd recommend Austenland as a recovery from the Kite Runner.