Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The girl doesn't like math

I find it ironic that my daughter, the child who consistently professes her dislike of mathematics, spent a good part of a recent afternoon speaking to me in fractions.

Such as ...

"Mommy, so-and-so has a van that fits eleven people." "Wow," I say, "That's a lot of people." She surveys the inside of our van. "Ours has room for seven. So their van can fit one and a half more people in it."

(So maybe she didn't phrase it exactly right, but you can see where she was going with it.)

And later, as we are driving down the street ...

"Emma, look at that big dog!" (Because we simply must observe and report any and all cute and furry animals encountered on our travels.) "Ooh!" she replies, "That dog is three-quarters my size!"

But don't be fooled. I have it on good authority that the girl does not like math.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Love it! :-)

So when is Emma going to meet Pongo? Better be soon before he's a larger fraction of her size!