Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Love to share - locks and locks of it

Oh, this girl. Where did she get her heart? The girl who, when she gets some candy, immediately says, Can I share some with my brother? The girl who jumps at the opportunity to help. The girl who is always on the lookout for gifts for her BFF. The girl whose primary joy is to make things that she can bestow as gifts upon others.

My giving girl.

Most of all, she gives love and I am always awed and grateful for it. I don't deserve it. But I receive it and it makes me yearn for a heart like hers. Just the other night at bedtime she took my face in her two soft little hands and planted a ring of sweet kisses from my chin up around my cheek to my forehead and back down the other side and ending on the tip of my nose. She has no idea what a quiet ecstasy it is, to be the recipient of her gift of love. But I know.

So it is no surprise that as her hair grew heavy and summer fast approached and talk turned to a short summer do, her first thought was, Who can I share this with?


If you have a like-minded little girl, or you yourself are in need of a style update, please consider donating to Locks of Love. Your donation will help provide hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children suffering from long-term medical hair loss. My daughter was thrilled when she received her thank-you card in the mail from the Locks of Love organization.

The hair grows back and the heart grows bigger.

3 comments:

Samille said...

Very sweet!

Barrier Island Girl said...

How wonderful! That's such an amazing gift to share with someone.

Hannah said...

Well, I certainly know where she gets her heart!