Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I need a backup plan

I was so ahead of the game. Monday is a school holiday (parent/teacher conference day) and I actually planned (in advance, no less!) to take Monday off. Way to go, Steph.

So imagine my surprise earlier this week when one of the kids nonchalantly mumbles something about having a 4-day weekend. "What?! What do you mean a 4-day weekend?! What do you mean there is no school on Friday?!" Upon frantic consultation with the AISD academic calendar, I find that, yes, indeed, there is no school on Friday (staff development day). Who ever heard of a 4-day weekend in February?

P A N I C

Because, even though I only work part-time, this happens to be the busiest time of the year for me at work. I have no backup childcare plan and I'm not sure it is a good time to take both Friday AND Monday off.

But wait ...

... there's more ...

... for me to panic about, that is. Because yesterday, my son came home from school with a fever. He is home today. And I have a meeting to attend at 12:00 today. And at 9:00am tomorrow. And I don't have family close by who I can drop my sick kid off with. And I still have no idea what I am going to do with the kids on Friday. But at least I have Monday off. I think.

Did I mention that I am hosting a houseful of people for dinner on Friday night?

Did I mention that I am prone to fits of panic? (known affectionately in my house as 'mom freaking out')

I need a backup plan. How do I get one of those?

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I will take them, if it's OK with you if they attend our homeschool co-op. They can be in Ian's and Eliza's classes. Call or email if you want to do that. We go there at 9:45 AM (38th and Shoal Creek) but you could bring them here earlier if needed.