Monday, August 10, 2009

What is that wet stuff falling from the sky?

Is it ... could it be ... rain? [sigh] I vaguely remember rain.

No, it's not falling now ... nothing but blue sky in all directions.

But yesterday we had a lovely little shower. One of those sudden, albeit brief, downpours. It started with a crack of thunder - an odd sound because the sun shone brightly overhead. I went outside to try to capture the view of pouring rain mingled with bright sunlight, but I may have been too late. If you look closely at the photo, you can see the rain drops falling against the backdrop of the blue sky.


The bit of rain temporarily perked up the withered grass and brought a little critter out to play.


Unfortunately, the rain didn't wash away the heat -- in fact, I think it ratcheted up the humidity a notch or two. But still, a nice surprise.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Wait, you had rain yesterday too? And you live in a different part of Austin from us? No way! And I agree, I thought rain was supposed to clear the air, not make it muggier!