Saturday, December 27, 2008

What makes a mother's heart melt

This happened a few months ago, but it revisited my memory just this morning. I thought it wise to capture it before it flitted away again.

I love to introduce my little ones to big words whenever possible and somehow or another the word "epitome" came up at dinner one evening. As I was tucking my darling daughter into bed that night, I was sharing with her the definition of the word and how it could be used. For example, I told her, you are the epitome of cuteness! She thought for a moment, and then responded to me,

Mommy, you are the epitome of beautifulness!

A compliment and proper word usage to boot! Be still my heart.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Wow! May she always believe it. :-) I hope Titus nodded vigorously in agreement!