Monday, July 20, 2009

I'll take that ego boost

My hair has finally grown long enough to be pulled into the tiniest of ponytails. I don't know why I'm letting it grow. I actually prefer it short, and when it is long, it resides twisted up in a clip. But I'm stuck in that in-between stage, not sure what I want to do with it. And so it grows.

So the other day, daring to make a grand divergence from the comfort zone of the clip (if that thing breaks, I will be lost), I grabbed one of my daughter's elastic bands, pulled my hair into a perky little ponytail and headed to the gym.

The reactions of the children when they saw their 30-something mom in a ponytail?

The girl proceeded to tell me how cute it looked, put her own hair in a ponytail and proudly declared us twinkies.

The boy was adamant that it made me look like a teenager.

A teenager? You don't say!

So if you happen to see me around town sporting a sporty ponytail, now you know why.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

So, sporty ponytail = fountain of youth???