Thursday, January 29, 2009

I have a dream

Recently in school, my daughter's first grade class was discussing Martin Luther King, Jr. - his life, his dreams, and his accomplishments.

Below are some excerpts from his speech, given on August 28, 1963, from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C.:
  • I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."
  • I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
  • I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood.
And now ... on the heels of those stirring and inspiring words ... I present to you my daughter's dream ...

...which is, apparently, to be on the receiving end
of a multitude of gifts.

4 comments:

Amber said...

That is absolutely adorable and hilarious!! Haha!!

Hannah said...

Oh how ADORABLE. That would be my son's dream too. Maybe all my kids. Oh, maybe me too. LOL!

dongdong said...

That is a great drawing. My daughter and son will both agree with your daughter.

Vanessa said...

That is too funny!